As a Civil Engineer working for the Site Engineering Team, the consultant will be in charge of the day to day review and resolution of engineering issues coming from contractors and constructors on site.
The post holder will work closely with the Designer, Site Contractor, Project Manager, Construction Manager, Commercial Manager and Key Stakeholders of the activities related to Civil Engineering in the Permanent Works Programs.
· Manage the development of the design to incorporate the resolution of open points from readiness review, minor modifications and changes initiated by Construction Contract Partners
· Liaise with Construction Contract Partners to ensure that changes to designs are compliant with requirements in relation to construct-ability
· Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that changes to designs are fully integrated with the Plant Configuration and associated design packages
· Manage the preparation and verification of detailed design deliverables
· Collate design information and present for readiness review
· Respond to civil engineering related issues for the HPC Site Design Management Team, working closely with the Site Engineering Team and on site contractors.
· Process the requests for information, field change requests, and non-conformance documentation submitted to SET within acceptable timescales.
· Attend Readiness reviews of Design Packages released for construction as and when required by design owners.
· Ensure that processes comply with project quality procedures.
· Work closely with the Site Design Liaison Team and Construction team to maintain the technical quality of responses (content / consistency / exhaustiveness / accuracy), construction programme and construction safety.
· Actively report to the Task Force Manager on risks and interfaces (technical & functional) and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised.
· Identify areas of the package that could affect Nuclear Safety
· HND / HNC or equivalent in Civil / Structural / Construction Engineering
· Civil Engineering background
· Nuclear Civil Division
· Building Construction
· On-Site interaction with Customers, Clients and Designer Teams.
Should you have any questions or queries regarding the role, or wish to apply directly, then please contact Clare – firstname.lastname@example.org