Graduate Project Controls Engineer
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation and provides technical engineering support across the world, supporting complex Nuclear New Build, Decommissioning and Defence programmes.
It is a fantastic time to join the industry. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging it’s support for both large and small-scale nuclear energy projects. The nuclear industry is expected to need possibly 100,000 new employees over the next decade.
We are currently looking for a of Graduate Project Controls Engineer to join our expanding team in Bristol.
· Order book creation, maintenance and acceptance of Task Orders in line with corporate and client processes and procedures
· Hours and expenses reconciliation to enable accurate invoicing on a monthly basis
· Maintaining and updating cash-flow process including aged debt to agreed targets
· Contributing for the Change Management process, for example Early Warning notifications and submitting timely Task Order variations using CEMAR
· Track progress again contract KPI’s both monthly internally and quarterly externally (Contract Pain/Gain mechanism)
· Ownership of Projects within Financial control systems, ensuring all resources have access to correct booking codes
· Ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information, weekly hours booking, invoicing, WIP, order book and cash forecasting
· Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
· The highlighting of any current and potential issues to Project Controls Manager
· Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures, and project execution plans.
What we are looking for (essential)
· Minimum 2:1 BEng qualification in Engineering.
· Excellent understanding of the STEM fundamentals.
· The ability to methodologically approach tasks and provide justification for the decisions.
· An ability to learn new analytical methods within a time-constrained project environment.
· Strong effective communication.
· A desire to learn and a keen mind.
What we are looking for (desirable)
· Knowledge and/or interest in Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, Teams.
· Interest in financial systems.
· Capable of managing own work
· Ability to work in a team environment, both within Assystem and an integrated multi company team
What you’ll gain by joining us
· High turnover of projects and customers for diverse experience. You won’t get bored in multi-year projects.
· Experience of working under pressure to deliver to cost, quality and timescales. You won’t be alone, but you will be responsible and expected to deliver (and ask for help when you can’t).
· Could have the ability to move to different Assystem sites (and customer placements) if that is what you’d like to do.
Due to the nature of the work that Assystem undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting. This will include meeting certain residency criteria and may include nationality limitations.
Chez Assystem, chacun est acteur et entrepreneur de sa carrière. Nous vous offrons l’opportunité et les moyens d’atteindre votre plein potentiel.
Alors rejoignez-nous et faites avancer à grand pas l’ingénierie de demain !
Nous nous engageons au respect de l’égalité de traitement entre les candidats, et célébrons toutes les formes de diversité. Chez Assystem, seules les compétences comptent !