Junior Mechanical Engineer
Assystem is the 3rd Largest Nuclear Engineering Consultancy in the world, we specialise in providing Design and Project Management services across the UK Nuclear Industry. Due to continued growth we’re currently looking to recruit a Junior Mechanical Engineer within our Sunderland office.
You'll be working on various complex Nuclear Engineering projects, taking direction from Senior Engineers whilst developing your learning through our tailored development programme.
If you’ve gained working experience and are looking to continue your learning from specialised, hands-on engineers, then we want to hear from you. Assystem have the capability and expertise to support your career whilst working on world-renowned projects.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum 2:1 BEng qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent). Master level qualifications are preferable.
· A minimum of 2 years design engineering experience in a highly regulated area
· Working level experience of the European standards is desirable, for example Eurocode 3.
· Familiar with design software ideally Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks or AutoCAD software. (Training can be provided)
· Familiar with FEA and preferably a user level experience of ANSYS Workbench
· An appreciation for mechanical and structural engineering.
· A strong mathematical background and experience of MathCAD software is desirable.
· An appreciation for the engineering design cycle of mechanical designs from Concept through to Manufacture.
· Responsible for the production of mechanical and structural engineering calculations, FEA, CAD and drawings.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance.
How to apply:
So, if you’re looking to develop your career give Callum a call on 01254 927 629. Alternatively, hit apply and we’ll be in touch shortly.