Mechanical & Welding Inspector is in charge of performing predefined checks regarding the conformity of mechanical and welding works concerning essentially concrete reinforcements, embedded items, steel liners, etc. during the construction phase, and steel supports, pipelines, equipment fixing, etc. during the installation phase.
• Ensure that the mechanical and welding works inspected are compliant with regulatory and technical requirements according to the Turkish law 30024,
• Ensure the traceability of the inspections performed, of the defaults and deviations observed and of the non-conformities issued,
• Verify the defaults, deviations or non-conformities are properly corrected,
• Ensure his/her inspection activities are performed in a safely manner.
• Take knowledge of Akkuyu NPP Project referential (norms and standards, specifications, procedures, etc.) related to the mechanical and welding works to be inspected,
• Review and comment the execution documentation (technical drawings, quality plans …) related to the works to be inspected,
• Prepare the inspection on site by identifying the elementary checks to be carried out, considering the requirements defined by the Turkish law 30024,
• Conduct the inspection on site in order to verify the compliance of the mechanical and welding works executed with the execution documentation and applicable norms and standards,
• Elaborate the Work Inspection Report in order to keep record of the content and the results of the inspection performed on site,
• Describe and record the defaults or deviations observed during the inspection and follow-up their resolution,
• Perform an assessment on the defaults and deviations recorded, and when decided, describe and write a non-conformity notification, then monitor the corresponding corrective and preventive actions,
• Launch when necessary independent tests on samples (i.e. welded elements), to be performed by accredited laboratories and follow up the results,
• Respect the existing AEOS NCIO project Quality Assurance processes and HSE requirements,
• Contribute to the elaboration of the AEOS NCIO Project Monthly Report, by providing information on inspection activities carried out during the month,
• Attend, on request, internal or external technical meetings.
• Undergraduate diploma in mechanical field (High school + 4 years)
• Specialization in welding
• 3 years in inspection and/or in quality assurance/quality control in mechanical and welding engineering
• 5 years minimum of professional experience in mechanical and welding engineering
• Experience in construction or industrial projects or nuclear construction
• Good knowledge of the following standards:
• ISO 9001
• ISO 3834
• ISO 17660 (will be a plus)
• GOST 5264-80 (will be a plus)
• GOST 14771-76 (will be a plus)
• SP 70.13330-2012 (will be a plus)
• Russian PNAE 10-031-92 (will be a plus)
• Russian PNAE 10-032-92 (will be a plus)
•Russian and Turkish will be a plus.