Assystem are seeking to enhance the skills within their IT organisation. We are investing in our networks to support our growth. You will be tasked with ensuring we are delivering the best network solution balancing security and performance.
With complex mix of clients and security demands it is important we get the right person for this role.
You will work internally as part of our IT support team based in Blackburn.
Your principal focal areas will include:
· design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
· ensure compliance of networks in line with various statutory or security guidelines
· secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
· maximise network operation through performance monitoring, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation
· support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy
· report network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
· control the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
· configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
· upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
It is expected you will have several years experience within the areas of network management and security.
As a minimum:
A levels, or equivalent
Level 4 Certificate in Networking and Architecture or Network Services or Network Security
or degree in: network engineering; computer science; electronic engineering; network security; software engineering
CompTIA A+ Certification
CompTIA Network+ Certification
VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Routing and Switching
Cisco Certified Network Professional Level (CCNP) – Routing and Switching