Quality Management Lead - Mechanical
Hinkley Point C
Assystem is the preferred Quality Delivery Partner to the Hinkley Point C Nuclear New Build Programme. We have an established team of Quality Professionals currently support the delivery of various aspects of the HPC Programme. Due to further developments and growth of the programme, we now require an experienced Quality Mechanical with expertise within Mechanical Engineering to support with the delivery, installation and commissioning of critical equipment for the project.
· Review, accept and monitor Contractors Quality Assurance Plans (CQAP) provided by the supply chain.
· Identify needs for supply chain audits and supporting Supply Chain Auditors in the prompt resolution of audit findings
· Produce Project Quality Control Plans (PQCP) for each contract
· In compliance with the PQCP, ensure deployment of key quality contractual arrangements including the General Quality Assurance Specification (GQAS), Life Time Quality Records Specification, Quality Release Certificate and the Inspection & Test Plan Specification etc.
· Provide relevant guidance including contractor’s CQAPs, LTQR partitioning strategies and the arrangements for identifying and planning for Quality Related Activities
· Lead the implementation of LTQR review
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including a specific partnership with EDF Direction Industrielle (DI) - 2nd party inspection services.
· Deliver manufacturing surveillance programmes per contract based on a graded approach of equipment safety function and project importance
· Ensure overall effectiveness of ITPs submitted by the suppliers, checking that they are fit for purpose from a quality perspective and have been correctly distributed to the relevant internal parties for review and mark-up of the activities they wish to witness
· Establish and check planned inspection witness and hold points marked in the supplier Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) / Quality Plans / Follow Up Documents (FUDs) and monitor their completion
· Coordinate, monitor and improve the efficiency of manufacturing documentation review and inspection activities performed by sub-contracted inspection agencie
· Coordinate and lead the NNB review and acceptance of relevant manufacturing documentation provided by contractors
· Perform in-factory manufacturing inspection when required (UK, France or worldwide)
· Support the monitoring and technical resolution of manufacturing non-conformances including the management of corrections and corrective actions
· Support the review and acceptance of End of Manufacturing Reports (EMR), End of Construction Status Reports (ECSR) and End of Erection Status Reports (EESR)
· Support the review and delivery of the end of manufacturing records, leadin
Position requires experience of project delivery, preferably in the nuclear, construction, infrastructure or power sectors, with significant focus on project quality, with a solid understanding of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control in major projects across engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning.
· A clear and considerable understanding of quality management best practice for deployment by large, complex and contract-led organisations
· Confident and articulate communicator, able to prepare presentation material, and comfortable addressing individuals, small groups and very large audiences.
· Act as a strong advocate for best practice, able to support and defend practical deployment and solutions, whilst remaining open to the ideas of others.
· Experience of interfacing with project teams and with supply chain organisations.
· Analysis of data, preparing reports and making recommendations.
· The ability to influence and to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others.
· The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· A team player who recognises how their position impacts and influences others.
· Should possess a recognised Quality qualification and accreditation.
· Pro-active and flexible, being prepared to plan and work on own initiative
· Fluent in English language
· Knowledge of the nuclear sector, ideally new build
· Knowledge & understanding of nuclear site license conditions
· Ability to speak French is advantageous but not necessary.
· Knowledge of pressure and nuclear codes
· Knowledge of Welding, Non Destructive Testing (NDT), Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE)
Qualifications & Experience
· HNC/HND qualification or degree in a relevant science or engineering subject, or equivalent qualification
· Broad experience of implementing a variety of quality related solution
· Proven track record of delivering result
· Proven leadership experience working in a quality assurance/control environment within the nuclear industry or other relevant safety critical industry
· Proven experience of interaction and resolving issues with a wide range of stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.