Senior / Consultant Ecologist Hybrid role – Central London
Consultant Ecologists are required to independently lead the provision of effective ecological services to our clients to meet the agreed aims and objectives in terms of time, cost and quality. You’ll be advising clients on a regular basis and supporting nationally significant projects. As such, your project management experience, and your ability to communicate effectively, and to be comfortable with calling on your broader team if you should need support, is key.
The Consultant would be expected to act as a mentor to the junior ecologists and provide on-site training and support. Consultants are likely to work independently on projects or as part of multi-disciplinary team, taking responsibility for managing their own tasks effectively. Support will be available as required from specialists and more senior consultants.
Tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on the client and the nature and stage of the project being worked on. It may be required that you work on multiple projects and with multiple clients simultaneously.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
· 4 – 6 years relevant work experience
· Ecological Project Management experience
· Minimum associate membership of a relevant professional institute (e.g. CIEEM). Full membership preferred.
· Class 2 Bat Licence (Class 1 will be accepted)
· Strong history of leading ecological surveys
· Able to undertake and write a Preliminary Ecological Appraisal
· Experience in EcIA and HRA
· Ability to adapt to our clients’ environments, working individually and as part of a team; and lead develop, manage and motivate teams in a changing environment
· Able to demonstrate strong commitment to Schofield Lothian company values: honesty, respect, integrity & trust, collaboration, and accountability
· Computer literate and a strong ability in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
· Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
· Able to manage numerous activities / different projects simultaneously - both short and long term
· Able to create and maintain strong client relationships
· Excellent understanding of ecological legalisation for development
· BNG / BREEAM / Urban Greening Factor experience / knowledge
· Experience of working with contractors / Ecological Clerk of Works
· Experience in using a range of bat detectors and ability to analyse sonograms accurately
· Experience in planning and advising on mitigation for at least one protected species
· Experience in writing European Protected Species Mitigation licence applications
· Experience in using a range of bat detectors and sonogram analysis
· Experience in Biodiversity Net Gain and BREEAM ecological assessments
· Marketing skills / willing to contact potential clients
· Tender preparation experience
· Botanical knowledge
· GIS skills in producing ecological maps
· Experience of working on large infrastructure projects
Chez Assystem, chacun est acteur et entrepreneur de sa carrière. Nous vous offrons l’opportunité et les moyens d’atteindre votre plein potentiel.
Alors rejoignez-nous et faites avancer à grand pas l’ingénierie de demain !
Nous nous engageons au respect de l’égalité de traitement entre les candidats, et célébrons toutes les formes de diversité. Chez Assystem, seules les compétences comptent !