Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to work within the tooling team that support both current products and the introduction of new products.
You will be involved in the identification, development and deployment of innovative and game-changing manufacturing processes, and will be required to work closely with the Integrated Project Team and the Manufacturing Capability team, Process and Component team and the New Facility ME teams, to ensure a coherent delivery of the manufacturing processes to support the current and future products within current and new facilities.
- Job title: Manufacturing Engineer – Tooling
- Location: Derby
- Industry: Nuclear & Defence
- Contract: Until May 2022
- Hours: 37 hours per week (flexible start and finish times)
- Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella
Key responsibilities can include –
- Develop, implement and maintain fixtures / tooling which can meet the requirements for quality, cost and delivery.
- Assess and establish current manufacturing capabilities as a baseline for improvement.
- Work with various teams across the business to drive manufacturing processes towards identified consistent best practice.
- Write Tool Design Specifications for a complex suite of fixtures.
- Apply an in-depth knowledge of product tool interface and component specific requirements.
What we are looking for in applicants:
Such a role requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can work in a new product/process development environment across the full manufacturing life cycle, from raw material to assembly, identifying work packages and delivering to a programme where safety is paramount.
You will need to work across business levels and be happy working with ambiguity, communicating with stakeholders and delivering to challenging deadlines.
An ideal candidate will also have proven knowledge of leading the fixture / tooling design process and delivering fixtures / tooling employed into manufacturing.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Eager to find out more? For an informal, confidential conversation about this role or to discuss other opportunities at Assystem within the Energy & Nuclear market please get in touch with Ethan Allsopp directly.
Chez Assystem, chacun est acteur et entrepreneur de sa carrière. Nous vous offrons l’opportunité et les moyens d’atteindre votre plein potentiel.
Alors rejoignez-nous et faites avancer à grand pas l’ingénierie de demain !
Nous nous engageons au respect de l’égalité de traitement entre les candidats, et célébrons toutes les formes de diversité. Chez Assystem, seules les compétences comptent !